Contact Us
Research and Ailments

Q- How can I get Medical Marijuana?

A -To get your Medical Marijuana you must receive a written or oral verifiable recommendation from a California board licensed physician. Once you have your doctor’s recommendation you can legally grow, consume & possess your medicine under California State Law Prop 215. A physician can write a recommendation for any condition for which cannabis provides relief. However, most physicians recommend cannabis for symptoms associated with AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, and many serious diseases and ailments.

Q- How do I become a medical marijuana patient in California?

A-California law states you must have a recommendation for the medicinal use of cannabis from a licensed physician. A physician may write a recommendation for any ailment for which cannabis provides relief. However, most physicians write recommendations for symptoms associated with AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, chronic pain, and many other serious illnesses.

Q- Once I am a qualified patient will I receive a card?

A- Yes, we issue all our patients a Medical Marijuana Patient Verification Card.

Q. What are the advantages of getting the Voluntary Medical Marijuana Patient Verification Card?

A- The Voluntary Medical Marijuana Patient Verification Card is for your convenience; it is formatted to fit in your wallet and is laminated with long lasting plastic. Collectives and law enforcement will be able to identify you as a medical marijuana patient.

Q- What happens if my recommendation needs to be verified after the office at 420cc closes?

A- At 420cc we are dedicated to meeting the needs of our patients, we offer online patient verification 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year. If you choose to be verified by phone our offices are open 7 days a week Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-3pm, and Sun 10am-3pm.

Q- Can I be evaluated at 420CC if I’m not 18 years old or older?

A- No, you must be at least 18 years or older with valid proof of age and identification in order to qualify.

Q- Once I’m a legal Prop215 medical marijuana patient, what rights do I have?

A- After obtaining your recommendation, you are legally entitled to grow, possess, consume, and transport cannabis as your medicine. This is only a California state law; the federal government does not recognize medical marijuana.

Q- I just failed a drug test. If I get a recommendation now, will it help me?

A- No, a recommendation from a doctor is valid only from the date written; therefore it would not relate to any past court dates or drug tests. A recommendation cannot and will not be backdated.

Q- My job drug tests employees. Can my boss fire me if he finds out that I use cannabis as a legal patient?

A- We recommend that you discuss these issues with your employer or the Human Resources department. Ultimately, the status of your job after drug testing is up to your employer.

Q- If I have a recommendation and I failed a drug test at work, what should I do?

A- Let your employer know that you are a legal patient under Proposition 215 Health and Safety Code 11362.5 and Senate Bill 420.It is up to the employer whether or not it would affect the patient's employment status. For more information please visit the CA NORML chapter at canorml.org, this website contains detailed information on medical marijuana law and provides a list of lawyers who specialize in medical marijuana law.

Q- when I get a medical marijuana recommendation will my name be on government list?

A- Absolutely not, here at 420cc we respect our patients privacy, we are in compliance with the HIPAA privacy agreement. Your records remain safe and confidential, they only way a patients records would be release is if it was requested by the patient.

Q- How many plants can I cultivate with my Medical Marijuana Recommendation?

A- The quantity of plants and medication you can possess varies from county to county. If your county does not have a higher limit, you may possess eight ounces of cured cannabis, six plants in (mature)flowering, or up to twelve plants in the (immature)vegetative state. No city or county may adopt limits lower than the amount aforementioned. We strongly recommend that you check (SB420) for your local guidelines.

Q- Is it true that the federal government does not recognize medical marijuana recommendations in California?

A- Yes, this is true. The federal government does not recognize California’s medical cannabis laws. Cannabis possession, cultivation, and use are illegal under federal law – even for qualified patients. The State however does support the use of medical marijuana as an alternative treatment and California’s medical cannabis laws remain fully in force and unaffected by this conflict.

Q- Will my medical insurance company cover the recommendation?

A- At this time medical insurance companies do not cover your evaluation or the cost of your medication.

Q- If I receive my recommendation where will I get my Cannabis or medicine?

A-We cannot give out or discuss any information regarding purchasing cannabis or medicine.

Q- I know marijuana helps me with my condition, but I don’t have medical insurance and I have never seen a doctor. Should I still make an appointment for an evaluation?

A- Here at 420cc we understand that some patients have no medical history or cannot obtain their medical records. Based on the physician’s discretion, he/she may give you a temporary recommendation and have you fulfill specific requirements before your recommendation is given. For patients that are underinsured we have a list of free clinics available to all our patients. Please make an effort to obtain as much documentation possible. This may include physician letters, MRI’s, X-rays, prescriptions, medications or any other documentation related to the condition you are seeking treatment for.

Q- How do I get my physician to send me my records?

A – You can follow these easy steps to get your medical records. Contact your physician or hospital where you received treatment. Inform them that you will be requesting your medical records. They will inform you on what steps you need to follow. Typically, you will need to provide your physician with a written authorization to release your records. Ask for your physician’s fax number and fax your physician a release of medical records form.

Q- If I receive a temporary recommendation will I have to pay twice?

A- No, your initial fee covers one year of service with the physician. You can come in for a follow up appointment up to one year at no cost.

Q- Does local and state law enforcement recognize medical marijuana and its patients?

A- To the delight of medical marijuana supporters, the California Highway Patrol has agreed to stop taking cannabis from motorists in routine traffic stops who have a doctor's recommendation. Attorney General Bill Lockyer affirmed that medical marijuana use is sanctioned by California law, despite a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling. CHP officers were told in an Aug. 22 bulletin of the new policy, which now allows patients traveling on state highways to have as much as 8 ounces of marijuana if they had a certified user identification card or written approval from a physician.

Q- How do I become a legal medical marijuana patient?

A- You can call to schedule an appointment, make an appointment online, and we accept walk-ins 7 days a week.

Q- What is the online verification program, does 420cc offer this?

A- Yes, we do offer online verification for our patients. You can be verified 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. Our online verification program is quick easy and convenient for law enforcement and co-ops verify a patients’ status. The online verification program does not disclose any information about our patients. You are issued a patient id number which allows you to be verified conveniently and discretely.


420 Cannabis Card Corp.  3780 Hancock St #G   San Diego, CA 92110  (858) 568-2668